User Support Specialist
Department: Field Engagement
Direct supervisor: User Support Team Lead
As our User Support Specialist, you will provide world-class support to end users so their entire experience with the Tekton brand is impressive.
There are three main facets to this job:
- 1. Execute fast and helpful support to end users. You will respond to end users’ order- and tool-related questions that come through via phone, live chat, email, or support cases. It is imperative that you can work at a fast-pace, easily switch between tasks, and manage multiple requests at once. You must also be authentic, helpful, and personable without being taken advantage of.
- 2. Process and review customer transactions. Any potential issues with orders must be addressed by you. This includes screening for fraud, resolving shipping errors, and processing returns. In all cases, you will use good judgment when resolving issues with the end user or other parties.
- 3. Contribute to making Tekton.com an unparalleled experience for end users. You will champion solutions and improvements for a more intuitive user experience, especially related to user support. You will work with the Tekton.com Design and Operations team and Software Developers to formulate and implement updates to Tekton.com and internal processes.
Values and skills
- Like all Tekton employees, you must have exceptional values, including honesty, integrity, and empathy. Excellent communication skills and knowledge of hand tools and their applications are required. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Education and experience
- You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in customer service, data management, or related fields could be helpful.
Location and hours
- This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the team
- The User Support team is the first point of contact for all incoming communications from end users. This team is tasked with managing the experiences users have with the Tekton brand and maintaining and driving our industry-leading reputation for impressive support.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
HOW TO APPLY
Think you'd be a good addition to our team? Submit an application today.Apply Now