Click image to zoom in
1/2 Inch Drive External Star Sockets
- 6-lobe geometry designed for a high-torque fit with E-Star fasteners
- Large, clear die-stamped size marking is easy to read and can’t wear off
- Polished, chrome-plated finish easily wipes clean and is highly resistant to corrosion
- Four detent grooves provide a secure connection with the drive tool and a drilled through-hole allows locking on with retaining pin
- Beveled inner rim of the socket opening helps guide it smoothly onto fasteners
The external star sockets are a female 6-lobe geometry designed for a high-torque fit that resists slipping. These sockets are required for external star (E-Torx®) fasteners, which are commonly found on seat mounts, brake system components, and steering columns.
Large, Clear Markings
Die-stamped markings are permanently impressed into the steel and can’t wear off. They’re designed with large, clear size numbers that are easy to read even in low light settings.
The polished chrome plating protects against corrosion and wipes clean to a mirror finish. The deepest parts of the socket well, where nickel and chrome layers cannot be deposited in sufficient thickness, are protected with an additional thin layer of clear coat, rather than conventionally-used silver paint, to prevent rust.
Secure Drive Tool Engagement
Four detent grooves provide a secure connection with the retaining ball of a drive tool. Radiused corners reinforce the drive end by eliminating sharp angles that are prone to cracking under stress. The drive end's beveled edge helps guide a ratchet tang smoothly onto the socket.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
1/2 Inch Drive x E22 External Star Socket
|A. Length||1.5 in.|
|B. Socket End Diameter||1.02 in.|
|C. Drive End Diameter||1.02 in.|
|D. Socket Opening Size||E22|
|E. Drive Size||1/2 in.|
|F. Well Depth||0.5 in.|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan|