Tekton needs an impressive Product Developer who will work closely with other members of our Product, Quality, and Supply Chain teams on all phases of the product development process—researching, designing, manufacturing, and refining the highest-quality hand tools.
Direct Supervisor: Chief Product Officer
Some Specific Role Responsibilities
- Apply engineering principles to design and manufacture tools you believe in
- Build and test models and prototypes to verify design concepts
- Assist in evaluating the manufacturing capabilities of suppliers to ensure they will be reliable long-term partners
- Develop initial product standards to hand off to our Quality Control Team
- Design and perform tests that assess the performance of finished products
- Collaborate with our Brand and Website teams to tell the tool’s story
- Follow products into users’ hands, gathering and learning from their experiences
You don’t need a specific degree or job history, but an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering, product/industrial design, math, or related fields could be helpful. You should be familiar with CAD/3-D modeling and other standard industry software. The right person will be able to learn many of the needed skills on the job.
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the Product Department
This is the group that brings Tekton tools to life. Made up of two integrated teams that represent the full product lifecycle–Product Development and Quality Control–we create and care for products from concept to manufacturing, with high standards for both consistency and continual refinement along the way.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’re dedicated to making the best hand tools you’ll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
We’re proud of the remarkably smart, hard-working, creative people that make Tekton what it is. Our company is growing, and we’re excited to add even more impressive people to our team.
HOW TO APPLY
Think you'd be a good addition to our team? Submit an application today.
Tekton, Inc. offers equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.