LEAD MANUFACTURING CNC PROGRAMMER
Tekton needs an exceptional CNC programmer to help us expand our domestic manufacturing capabilities. Your work will be used to carry out Tekton’s LaserMill manufacturing method and other machining operations.
We’re looking for the best of the best in CNC work. You will make strategic decisions, implement manufacturing systems, and help train a team. If your skills with CNC systems are “average” or even “pretty good,” please do not apply. We will only consider exceptionally skilled individuals, and we will pay accordingly.
Direct Supervisor: Chief Manufacturing Officer
Some specific role responsibilities
- Identify and source equipment capable of meeting the production requirements of our LaserMill supply chain
- Write and edit optimal programs to make excellent production parts with minimal cycle times
- Operate the mill and other equipment; train operators as volumes grow
- Manage and replenish work cell components, including consumables, fixtures, and tooling
- Perform regular maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Act on quality expectations, taking corrective action if products don’t meet standards
- Assist in the design, setup, and implementation of manufacturing processes
- Move and keep track of physical inventory from bin locations to work cells and back
- Follow and enforce strict inventory procedures
- Keep the work environment clean, organized, and safe
Education, experience, and skills
You don’t need a specific degree or job history, but must have exceptional ability to: (1) program and operate CNC machinery; (2) design and implement manufacturing systems; (3) make fast decisions while meeting quality and production requirements; (4) communicate clearly and organize your work and others’ work; (5) learn and use technology like our warehouse management system.
You need to be able to repeatedly lift 20-45 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 90 pounds, and safely operate material handling equipment.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’re dedicated to making the best hand tools you’ll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
HOW TO APPLY
Think you'd be a good addition to our team? Submit an application today.
Tekton, Inc. offers equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.