VISUAL DESIGN TEAM LEAD
Direct Supervisor: Director of Tekton.com & Campaigns
Tekton’s Marketing group is looking for an impressive Visual Design Team Lead to head the team that creates visual elements for Tekton’s multi-faceted brand campaigns.
As the “keeper of the brand,” you will work collaboratively with Graphic Designers, UX/UI Designers, Photographers, Tool Developers, Packaging Engineers, and others to ensure that Tekton’s brand standards are upheld across the company. You will play a critical role in supporting the rapid expansion of a brand that is built on authenticity.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Develop and refine Tekton’s brand standards and ensure they are being followed across the company
- Guide our team in translating our brand messages into a visual language
- Design and provide art direction across the entire creative spectrum: digital, print, packaging, photography, video, motion, illustration, retail signage, and event presentation
- Demonstrate time and project management skills to schedule and prioritize team work
- Mentor content creators by providing thoughtful feedback, removing roadblocks, and inspiring quality work
Education, experience, and skills
The ideal person has experience managing creative operations and workflows. This role requires a solid background in visual design fundamentals including concepting, layout, color theory, and typography. It also requires thorough knowledge of all the steps in the print process such as quote request, file prep, substrates, and color profiles. You must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and have familiarity with photography, videography, motion design, 3D modeling, and web design. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.