SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Department: Supply Chain
Direct Supervisor: Procurement Manager
Tekton needs an impressive Supplier Management Coordinator to oversee relationships with suppliers. You will ensure our purchasing operations run smoothly on a daily basis and that production and shipping schedules are met. You will need to be organized, attentive to detail, and quick with technology to be successful in this role.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Lead regular communication with suppliers
- Negotiate and manage pricing quotes
- Develop systems that create transparency between us and our suppliers
- Manage and maintain accurate purchasing data in our ERP systems
- Determine the quantity and timing of orders and deliveries
- Ensure production and shipping schedules are met
- Update the company on current inventory levels and unexpected inventory situations
- Assist with other procurement related work as needed
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in supply chain, operations, logistics, finance, statistics, data management, or related fields could be helpful. You should be comfortable working with data management systems. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.