Direct Supervisor: Lead Software Developer
Tekton needs an impressive Software Developer to build and maintain Tekton.com using a modern tech stack. You will work closely with other members of our Software Development team and larger Tekton.com department to optimize the speed and integrity of our systems and create the best website experience possible for our users.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Work on all aspects of the development cycle from researching and defining requirements to deploying and testing completed code
- Become an expert in full-stack web development and create high-quality features customized to Tekton's needs
- Develop robust automated tests to ensure website stability
- Actively test, triage, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs and flaws
- Identify and recommend potential improvements; implement those updates accordingly
- Learn, test, and integrate with external REST and GraphQL APIs
- Contribute to the Operations IT team's work and other company projects as needed
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a degree in computer science or equivalent experience is recommended. Experience with programming, web frameworks, and relational databases is also helpful. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Technologies we use
NextJS, TypeScript, React, Node, MySQL
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.