Department: Human Resources
Direct Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Tekton needs an impressive Recruiting Specialist to help develop and lead our recruitment strategies to hire the best people. Tekton’s culture is unique and shaped by the smart, hard-working, and creative people that work here. Anyone we hire must care about our company, our people, and what we do. The ideal candidate must align deeply with Tekton’s core values and be energized by the recruitment process. This person should see recruiting as an ongoing quest to discover talent, build a strong employment brand, and facilitate positive experiences with candidates and local partners.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Be a confident advocate of our company culture and values
- Seek out impressive candidates and understand how to assess talent
- Develop and implement recruiting plans to attend local career fairs and other hiring events
- Manage and grow relationships with key schools, recruiting organizations, and local community partners
- Create content for our careers page on Tekton.com and social media outlets
- Review and update recruiting platforms like LinkedIn, Handshake, and Indeed
- Propose and implement role-specific recruiting efforts
- Attend meetings and schedule trainings with other departments in order to accurately describe the work of our open positions
- Assist with planning and implementing internal company events for employees
- Help write, update, and format position descriptions and job postings
- Input candidate information into our applicant tracking system
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in communications, marketing, human resources, or related fields could be helpful. Photography, graphic design, and social media experience are a plus but not required. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This work occasionally requires travel, mostly local.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.