Department: Supply Chain
Direct Supervisor: Logistics Manager
Tekton needs an impressive Packaging Engineer to design and develop packaging solutions that can successfully navigate multiple sales channels and logistical systems. Our vision is to make the world's best hand tools accessible to every person. Delivering Tekton hand tools to users is at the center of this vision.
The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for design and engineering and is skilled in applying those principles to the packing, loading, and transit of manufactured goods. This role regularly communicates design solutions to manufacturing partners, so it is important that this person clearly and effectively articulates complex ideas when speaking and writing.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Design primary and secondary packaging solutions that allow products to navigate online and store retail channels
- Develop methods and instructions for the packaging assembly and fulfillment of finished products
- Create container solutions that support the storage and transit of products
- Assist in the selection and management of relationships with printers and manufacturers of packaging
- Control internal systems of packaging and related processes, keeping them lean and efficient
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in packaging engineering, graphic design, industrial design, or related fields could be helpful. You should be familiar with CAD/3-D modeling, Adobe Creative Suite, and other standard industry software. You should also have a detailed knowledge of packaging systems and materials. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.