MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER
Direct Supervisor: Director of Manufacturing
Tekton needs an impressive Manufacturing Process Engineer to help us expand our manufacturing capabilities. Your work will optimize Tekton’s current manufacturing methods while helping us expand into new processes, methods, and technologies.
We are looking for the best of the best in process engineering to make strategic process decisions, design the most effective methods of making tools, and further a discipline of constant improvement.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing department to constantly improve our processes by developing, evaluating, and bringing to life the methods that push us to the next level
- Lead the design, creation, and implementation of fixtures and workholding which range from simple fixtures like a screen deck for a vibration finishing bowl to intricate CNC workholding fixtures
- Support the launch of new processes by evaluating and preparing for new technologies, equipment, and suppliers
- Build our tool room capabilities by assisting with the selection of equipment and materials necessary for operating and maintaining a highly capable tool room
Education, experience, and skills
A very high capacity for learning and a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success in this role. You do not need a specific degree or job history, but you must have exceptional ability to:
- Design manufacturing fixtures and systems
- Program and operate CNC mills
- Make fast decisions while maintaining quality and meeting schedule requirements
- Communicate clearly and effectively to organize your and others’ work
- Learn and use technology such as new equipment and software packages
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.