MANUFACTURING OPERATOR - SECOND SHIFT
Direct Supervisor: Manufacturing Team Captain
Pay: $17 - $23/hour
+ $1/hour premium for full-time second shift employees
+ $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time employees after 30 days
Tekton needs an impressive Manufacturing Operator to physically transform our products through operations like vibe polishing, pad printing, CNC cutting, laser marking, and broaching. You must be able to do this work consistently, accurately, and quickly while following our established procedures and meeting quality standards.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Work at a fast and error-free pace
- Follow strict procedures that efficiently move and track physical inventory from bin locations to work cells and back
- Assist in the design, setup, and optimization of new and existing processes
- Work with the Manufacturing Team Captain to manage and replenish work cell resources including consumables, fixtures, and tooling
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance tasks on manufacturing equipment
- Deeply understand our quality expectations, and take action when products do not meet the standard
- Follow strict inventory procedures and participate in regular cycle counts as needed
- Keep your work cell and surrounding areas clean, organized, and safe
- Give feedback about our current processes and help the department create a culture of continuous improvement
What it's like in Tekton's Manufacturing Center
Surroundings: You will be working in a bright, clean Manufacturing Center around people, manufacturing machinery, and material handling equipment like pickers and forklifts.
Noise level: Noise levels vary depending on which machines are operating; however, it is typically not loud enough where hearing protection is required.
Safety: Safety is important to us and we take it seriously. We provide protective gear such as vests, gloves, eye protection, and floor mats.
Temperature: Our Manufacturing Center has heating and air conditioning. Temperatures can vary between 60 - 80°F depending on the season.
Dress code: Clothes should be comfortable to twist, lift, and bend in. Closed-toe shoes are required.
You must be capable of working on your feet the entire shift and repeatedly lifting 20 - 45 pounds.
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in lean manufacturing, fulfillment, distribution, assembly, shipping, quality control, or related fields could be helpful. You must be able to use basic technology effectively, like email and our warehouse management system.
Location and hours
This is an hourly position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Full-time and part-time positions are available on first or second shift. Part-time employees are required to work an average of 20 hours per week. Schedules are flexible. We are able to change employee start and end times or make special arrangements for scheduling conflicts.
Full-Time Second Shift
Monday through Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. ET.
Weekly Hour Requirements
Required to work an average of 40 - 45 hours. Overtime may be required at times.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.