MANUFACTURING CNC OPERATOR
Direct Supervisor: Chief Manufacturing Officer
Shifts: First and second
Pay: Starts at $18/hr
Tekton needs an exceptional Manufacturing CNC Operator to help us expand our domestic manufacturing capabilities. No experience is required. We will train the right person who is motivated and has a desire to learn CNC machining. Your work will be used as part of Tekton's LaserMill manufacturing method. Within one year, we expect you to master the responsibilities below.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Load and unload parts into specific wrench blank fixtures
- Move and track physical inventory from bin locations to work cells and back
- Follow and enforce strict inventory procedures
- Perform changeovers between wrench sizes
- Perform regular maintenance on our CNC machine, including monitoring wear and replacing parts as needed
- Accurately use precision measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and indicators
- Keep your work environment clean, organized, and safe
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but you must have the ability to: (1) read, write, and interpret measurements to a thousandth of an inch (0.001); (2) identify quality defects in the machining process; (3) make fast decisions while meeting quality and production requirements; (4) communicate clearly and organize your work; (5) learn and use technology like the CNC controller and understand its functions.
You need to be able to repeatedly lift 20-45 pounds, occasionally lift up to 90 pounds, and safely operate material handling equipment.
Location and hours
This is a full-time hourly position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We're dedicated to making the best hand tools you'll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.