Department: Supply Chain
Direct Supervisor: Procurement Manager
Tekton needs an impressive In-Stock Specialist to ensure our purchasing operations run smoothly on a daily basis. You will work closely with our internal production planning team to set and communicate manufacturing and shipping schedules with our suppliers. You will need to be organized, attentive to detail, and quick with technology to be successful in this role.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Manage purchasing, pricing, and demand data in our ERP system
- Place purchase orders to suppliers
- Send production and shipping expectations to suppliers
- Attend regular check-in calls with suppliers
- Update the company on current inventory levels and unexpected inventory situations
- Create and manage import filings with US Customs for international shipments
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in supply chain, operations, logistics, finance, statistics, data management, or related fields could be helpful. You should be comfortable working with data management systems. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.