EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Department: Employee Engagement
Direct Supervisor: Employee Engagement Manager
Tekton needs an impressive Employee Engagement Specialist to assist the Employee Engagement team during all stages of the recruiting process. You will perform administrative work while also contributing new ideas that help us to hire and retain the best people.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Seek out impressive people, track and organize applicant information, schedule and prepare others for interviews, and interview applicants
- Create content for social media, our careers page on Tekton.com, LinkedIn, and other outlets
- Attend career fairs and other recruiting events
- Manage our relationships with key colleges, universities, and other recruiting organizations and platforms
- Prepare for new employees' first days at Tekton and lead onboarding duties
- Organize confidential records, like employees' tax and benefits information; continuously improve our processes for gathering and updating this data
- Process biweekly payroll and administer the enrollment, billing, payroll administration, and coding of company benefits
- Plan and organize internal events for employees
Education, experience, and skills
You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in human resources, communications, or related fields could be helpful. Photography, graphic design, and/or social media experience is a plus but not required. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This work occasionally requires travel, mostly local.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.