DIGITAL MARKETING DESIGNER
Direct Supervisor: Director of Tekton.com
Tekton's Tekton.com department is looking for an impressive Digital Marketing Designer to create and execute effective marketing campaigns for reaching new and existing customers via Tekton.com, email, and social media. You will need to deeply understand our brand, our products, and our users in order to design meaningful and compelling content that our audience will appreciate and be excited to engage with.
The ideal candidate is someone who is curious, industrious, creative, and willing to question conventional thinking about marketing best practices. This role assumes primary responsibility for coordinating in-house Tekton.com marketing campaigns from concept to completion. You will work collaboratively with our Director of Tekton.com and a growing team of designers and developers, and you will play a critical role in supporting the rapid expansion of a brand that is built on authenticity.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute multi-faceted digital marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Design pixel-perfect layouts and assets adapted for our website pages, emails, and social media channels
- Mock up your ideas using design programs like Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma
- Work collaboratively with in-house designers and developers, and use feedback to iterate quickly through design concepts
- Communicate complex ideas in words that are clear and precise
- Use data analytics tools to make predictions, test ideas, and report results
- Work with HTML and CSS to bring your designs into focus
Education, experience, and skills
The ideal person has a strong eye for design and attention to detail. He or she is highly organized and intrinsically understands what kinds of visuals and experiences appeal to people and why. You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in graphic design, industrial design, web development, or related fields are helpful. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.