Direct supervisor: Director of Campaigns
Tekton needs an impressive Graphic Designer to design both print and digital assets for internal and external use. You will work with teams across the company to turn written and spoken concepts into effective visual solutions. A person who enjoys the challenge of working on a wide variety of graphic design projects in a wide variety of formats will do well in this role.
Some specific role responsibilities
- • Design assets for the web, print, packaging, retail signage, event presentations, and more that are consistent with the Tekton brand
- • Contribute to the development of Tekton’s design language and brand standards
- • Collaborate with other Graphic Designers, UX/UI Designers, and Photographers in the design process
- • Work with printing companies to achieve the best possible outcomes
- • Manage a fast-paced and varied workload
- • Use other creative skills like photography, videography, motion design, 3D modeling, and web design
Education, experience, and skills
- You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in graphic design, visual arts, photography, or related fields could be helpful. You should be comfortable working in Adobe Creative Suite and have a solid understanding of visual design fundamentals including concepting, layout, color theory, and typography. You should also have a thorough knowledge of print processes. A very high capacity for learning and a commitment to excellence and precision are essential to success in this role.
Location and hours
- This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
HOW TO APPLY
Think you'd be a good addition to our team? Submit an application today.Apply Now