Quality Control Team Lead
Department: Product Standards
Direct supervisor: Chief Product Officer
- + $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time employees after 30 days
As the Quality Control Team Lead, you guide our Quality Control team’s day-to-day work. You will need to be a strong leader who promotes a rigorous culture, exercises good judgment in complex situations, and has the ability to motivate a team and coordinate their efforts.
Some specific role responsibilities
- • Implement and execute our quality control methods and statistical strategies
- • Enforce rigorous and efficient inspection, measuring, testing, and evaluation methods
- • Train and actively coach team members on best practices and formal procedures, and report on team members’ performance
- • Set the day-to-day inspection schedule and each team member’s daily assignments
- • Direct the daily auditing procedures for manufacturing and assembly processes
- • Collaborate with the Fulfillment and Manufacturing teams to ensure all quality standards are met
Education, experience, and skills
- You do not need a specific degree or job history, but a background in engineering, physics, mechanics, chemistry, statistics, or related fields could be helpful. A very high capacity for learning, a commitment to excellence, and high energy and focus are essential to success.
Location and hours
- This is a full-time hourly position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are dedicated to making the best hand tools you will ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
HOW TO APPLY
Think you'd be a good addition to our team? Submit an application today.Apply Now